Our client, a world leader in test and measurement technology, is currently hiring for a Field Support Technician to join there team in the midlands and south region.
You will be required to respond to and troubleshoot technical issues whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and retention, The Field support Technician is responsible for onsite calibration of test & measurement instruments, in response to varying customer needs.
- Achieve customer satisfaction though completion of calibration services within expected timeframes, as assigned by lead techs or supervisors.
- Supporting calibration at the customer site. The majority of travel will be in the Midlands / South UK region.
- Calibration of various instruments and performing necessary optimizations to address any out of tolerance units.
- Understand and apply principles and techniques of Uncertainty Measurement to perform 17025 accredited calibrations when requested, within the labs scope of accreditation.
- Perform manual and automated calibration, adjustments of Test & Measurement electronic equipment at our customer's sites.
- Accurately enter data into our internal asset tracking database.
- Create calibration data sheets accurately and efficiently, with minimal supervision, based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures.
- Complete all documentation to support customer requirements, reports, ISO and other quality systems.
- Interact with customers for items requiring repair or limited calibration.
- Apply acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Perform moderate to high complexity calibrations, PD, General Purpose & some RF measurements
- Perform basic repairs and preventative maintenance
- Function frequently as the primary representative of Tektronix to the customer
- Adhere to quality management system policies and procedures in performance of work.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner.
- Produce Calibration certificates and labels for customer.
- Basic Knowledge of MET/CAL calibration management software
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- 2-4 Years Minimum Years of experience required.
- Ability to work on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognize the occasional need to perform calibration by alternative, acceptable methods.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, and Internet applications with an emphasis on Excel required.
- Ability to travel as needed for personal skill enhancement and training; as well as, to fully support the customer calibration requirements.
- Must meet requirements to drive a company vehicle (Valid driver's license and clean driving record).
- Experience and exposure to calibration of instruments such as oscilloscopes, multi-function calibrators, spectrum analyzers /network analyzers, power supplies, DMM's etc. Familiarity with various categories of calibration is required, as customer test equipment can vary greatly.
This is a full time, permanent employed position, which is remote covering the Midlands and south region travel will be involved in this role.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects along with a company car, laptop and phone.
Please apply online to be considered.