Our client is looking for an individual to take on an exciting new role as Business Line Manager for the companies IHT services - covering over £1bn of funds under management across. You will be responsible for the oversight and day-to-day management of the product suite, ensuring the company is at the forefront of product development, effectively communicating with advisers and their clients and, ultimately, supporting the drive for increased inflows.
You will keep abreast of relevant current affairs, the macroeconomic backdrop, key competitors and tax legislation. You will also be responsible for ensuring the success of all processes relating to the business line and oversee all relevant communications.
- Leading a cross functional team to project manage ongoing and new initiatives relating to product development
- Proactively keep the business up to date with tax governance and changes relating to areas such as inheritance tax, Business Relief and vulnerable Act as the 'internal tax and technical expert', ensuring that the messaging around any developments is consistent, and well understood by relevant teams.
- Work closely with the investment, sales, marketing, strategic partnerships (SP) and operations teams to align the internal and external comms relating to our suite of tax solutions.
- Presenting to advisers where appropriate, at both physical and virtual
- Analysis and reporting on key product metrics and target
- Coordinate and support the production of due diligence documents and fulfilment of third-party requests.
- Manage central relationships with independent researchers such as MJ Hudson, MICAP, Martin Churchill and Hardman & , to ensure that we are maximising the opportunities. Ensure all relevant teams are kept up to date with developments.
- Provide proactive input to the creation of new content for marketing materials such as presentations and sales
- Producing competitor analysis both for existing products and potential new products and presenting this to interested stakeholders such as the sales team and senior management.
- Provide proactive input to the marketing function by acting as a reviewer of all new and updated tax related
- Supporting SP and BDMs with opportunities to gain a panel position at a regional or national firm
- Support the Sales & Marketing and Client Services teams with responses to tax related technical queries
- Support SP Team with key accounts and, where appropriate, joining review meetings to provide technical updates relating to product suite.
Who they are looking for
They are looking for a candidate who understands that the needs of clients (both internal and external) are at the heart of everything they do and key to the success of their business. Both a can-do attitude and a supportive approach to team members are essential attributes.
The candidate will ideally have a strong understanding of different tax efficient investments, including Business Relief, Venture Capital Trusts & Enterprise Investment Schemes. This candidate will have a minimum of 5 years' experience working within the financial services industry.
The candidate will display diligence by bringing a high level of care and attention to even the most basic task and will demonstrate their intelligence through an ability to pick up new things quickly. The candidate will be fully engaged in the business and will show this through building relationships, seeking to self-improve and taking an interest in the future direction of TIME.
Candidates with some tax, accountancy or legal background, either academic or gained through experience, would be preferred. Candidates will be able to demonstrate a history of successful relationship management (internal and external), with the ability to influence others.
In addition, the following skills are essential:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work with key stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Ability to manage complex projects from start to finish
- Excellent attention to detail
- High quality English grammar
- Good interpersonal skills to work as part of a wider team
- Strong and flexible work ethic
Candidates who want to benefit from the broad range of knowledge and exposure they can expect from a smaller, dynamic investment manager should apply for this role.
This is a full time permanate role.
This is a hybrid role, working 3 days from the office in London and 2 days at home.
Please apply online to be considered.