Our client are a leading technology-driven organisation, are currently hiring for a VAT Manager to support with various VAT matters for the Tax team.
This could include advising on new business initiatives as well as reviewing areas of the business as part of our ongoing review work.
You will use your initiate to manage the advice, from information gathering, through to data analysis and conclusion.
You will also support in the preparation of our various group VAT returns, acting as a level of review. This could also include, for example, analysing and interrogating data.
- Supporting the VAT lead in maintaining excellent relations with HMRC.
- Answering discrete tax technical points, for example VAT clauses in contracts or advising on the correct tax treatment of supplier and customer invoices.
- Supporting monthly indirect tax compliance activities.
- Discrete projects, for example providing the VAT review and sign off for new business initiatives.
- Reviewing areas of the business, as part of our ongoing governance risk review work.
- Contributing to our governance work
- Championing tax efficiency and supporting the team with change projects and implementing efficiencies.
- Monitoring changes in tax legislation.
- Providing tax training to the business.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/ATT/CTA qualifiednt, with several years post-qualification VAT experience.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively work with key stakeholders.
- Time management and the ability to balance competing priorities.
- Project management skills.
- The ability to see tasks through, from initial queries and data gathering through to conclusion.
- Able to analyse data effectively and good attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, especially Excel
Proven experience working in a VAT compliance and advisory role
- Contract Type: Contractor (Inside IR35)
- Location: London
- Duration:12 months - likely to extend
- Maximum Daily Rate: £600 per day