Transmissions Manager Part Time Role (0.5 FTE)
Hybrid working but must be able to travel to Perth or Glasgow Office once a week.
Up to £500 per day PAYE doe
The Whole System Area Manager is responsible for developing and supporting implementation of the best whole system policies across the transmission licence area, delivering optimal benefits for customers and consumers. These policies will be industry leading and will inform business as usual whole system approaches for Transmission and beyond. This will include the Scottish Islands, Cities and other defined regions.
- Motivate and challenge the wider Transmission and Distribution businesses to deliver what the relevant customers need, around whole system policy (including connections and network growth). Define, create, and deploy various initiatives to improve efficiencies and stakeholder experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues and with external stakeholders to define whole system options and seek necessary approvals through internal and regulatory processes.
- Fully understand business risks associated with the proposals and assist with the implementation of any required risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure regular engagement with other transmission owners, the system operator, Ofgem, BEIS, developers and local authorities to make a valued whole system contribution.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Candidate's must have good knowledge of transmission project development, engineering, and ideally whole system requirements.
- Experience working in management role.
- Candidates have experience and are able to prepare investment recommendations and seek necessary approvals.
- Candidates will be expected to work closely with colleagues in development, engineering, system planning and investment across Transmission and distribution.
If you meet the requirements for this role and are happy to work a part time role and work from either the Perth or Glasgow office 1 day per week please do not hesitate to apply!