Our client, a global cloud/ data protection company, is looking for a candidate for the role of Software Engineer, to join their team in Letterkenny, Ireland.
The ideal candidate has strong experience with NodeJS being the prominent requirement for the role. A background in Java and/or Python is appreciated.
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the candidate's primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Ideally, the right candidate will focus on software delivery best practices through the Agile methodology.
- Develops software modules for various parts of the system.
- Writes design documents and proposes design solutions.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of software engineering processes such as agile methodologies, code-reviews, writing functional specifications.
- Understands and maintains existing codebase, adds features, fixes bugs, re-factors existing code.
- Solves challenging technical problems.
- Collaborates with team members and cross functional product teams.
- Writes well-designed, efficient, testable code.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of data structures.
- Demonstrates good understanding of development tools such as version control, effort management and ticketing and compiling and generating builds.
- Seeks help and advice from others when stuck to resolve existing issues at the earliest.
- Gathering & understanding and breaking down requirements.
- Provide technical mentorship to team members.
- Demonstrates a strong passion to learn.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including communication and assertiveness.
- Estimates work assigned to self.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience with recognized and applicable industry certifications.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it e.g. Express, Sequelize, etc.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Working knowledge of server-side CSS pre-processors e.g. SCSS, Less, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Ability to Create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit test.
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with Kubernetes is an advantage.
- AWS Accreditation a plus.
This is a permanent position working Monday-Friday with the possibility to work from remote twice a week.
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Dublin and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.