Our client, a global leader in Technology, Information & Internet are currently hiring a VAT Analyst to support the filing of VAT returns for a number of companies within the group in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. In this role you will assist in this process and other sporadic projects as and when they arise.
- Assist with the extraction of and analysis of the data needed to prepare the relevant VAT returns.
- Data sets are large and require excellent Excel skills in order to effectively manage the data.
- Testing of transactions is carried out and exploration of transactions with wider teams completed.
- After analysis is completed, VAT returns are compiled and submitted.
- Process VAT returns to include businesses that sell goods and services, including electronic services B2C and B2C, domestic and cross border.
- Balancing a number of different returns, thinking outside the box and proactive solving issues in preparation of VAT returns and dealing with large data.
- Data extraction.
- Data manipulation and experience of working on larger data sets.
- Analysis of data to prepare VAT filings
- 2+ years experience in cross-border VAT transactions and processes
- Knowledge of EU VAT is essential (e.g. concepts of reverse charge, Intrastat, EC sales listings)
- Knowledge of VAT legislation in Belgium, Netherlands or Luxembourg is not essential, but would be beneficial.
- CTA or Accounting (ACCA, ACA,CIMA) full or part qualification or degree would be preferred.
- Experience of reconciling VAT accounts to GL balances would be beneficial but not essential.
This is a full time PAYE contract position for an initial 6 month period, extending to 12 and 18 months after review, and that is likely to become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.