Back to jobs
Senior Technical Support Engineer
- Posted 09 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client, an international technology company that develops and maintains software development kits, is looking for a talented Sr Technical Support Engineer, to join their team in Aylesbury, England.
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution, according to the client support guidelines.
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support for Microsoft SharePoint (On-Premises and Online platforms), Power Automate Solutions (Searchlight, Aquaforest checkPoint, PDF Connector) and productivity tools for end-users and professionals (Paperscan, Autobahn DX, Aquaforest Kingfisher, PDF Reducer, PDF Ocr, Virtual Barcode Reader).
- Research, diagnose, and resolve customer issues.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand their needs and determine how to solve their problems or provide them with a solution.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, often communicating with other teams, to provide the best experience.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Identify customers with extended support requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with Sales and PMs about feature requests and help track them.
- Improve our internal support guidelines.
- Check, clean and post replies in related forums and social media networks.
- Add, refine, and improve support snippets, and identify areas where the client can improve their workflow.
- Experience in the Microsoft Stack/Windows/Sharepoint/Power Automate, environments, Cloud based platforms and solutions such as Microsoft 365, Azure or AWS (Required)
- Used to .NET based development tools, including Visual Studio, Microsoft IIS and ASP.Net
- Having experience in C#, PDF software frameworks and/or Document Management kits, Document Imaging, PDF technologies (desirable).
- Familiar with Zendesk, Salesforce, Notion.
- Previously worked in a software development company.
- Have big-picture thinking: If you can tweak how the client does support to lower incidents, this is a larger success than if you can make sure every incident is closed in five minutes (for example: write documentation for easy things, rather than being happy easy tickets get closed quickly). Enjoy working with a wide range of developers and both potential and existing customers.
- Be a self-motivated problem solver and able to thrive in a dynamic and
- customer-focused environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing
- related results as needed.
- Be eager to learn the basics of a large variety of new technologies used in the client's
- Have an excellent written and oral communication style in English - you'll be handling many tickets yourself, end even remote sessions where needed.
- Work independently and have a high sense of responsibility.
- Understand the value of changes in the larger context of the business and the product's customer.
- Additional languages are a plus! Use inclusive language for both internal and
- customer communication.
This is a permanent role working Monday-Friday (hybrid position with Working from Home policy)
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Aylesbury and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.