Our client, a global leader in Technology, Information & Internet are currently hiring a Senior Tax Analyst to join their well-established team based in the UK which is responsible for VAT compliance across the region as well as providing support to Tax colleagues and the wider business. The role will include accounting and VAT responsibilities including supporting internal and external audits.
You will be expected to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organization.
- Working within the current EMEA compliance team
- Prepare, review, and submit European VAT returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings
- Prepare, review, and submit Intrastat returns as necessary
- Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions
- Prepare and submit ESL /ESPL, SAF_T returns as necessary
- Preparation and review of month-end account reconciliations
- Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis
- Assist with mapping VAT processes and identify areas for improvement
- Assist with VAT compliance queries from Amazon businesses operating across Europe
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in similar VAT focussed corporate accounting role
- Proactive, good team player.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- VAT registrations experience, preferred
- VAT Projects experience, preferred
- Experience in Big Accounting Firms preferred
This is a full time / Contract position 9 months, extending to 18 months after review, that is likely to become permanent.
Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.