Ready to revolutionize the industry?
Our client, a series A, AI RetailTech company is looking to hire a Senior Ruby Developer. Unlock your full potential by joining a team led by a former Cloud Architect and revolutionize the retail space with a never-before-seen inventory management system. You would be reporting directly to the CTO and have plenty of room for development and growth!
- Design and build a complex backend which processes billions of records per day
- Build a modern API application atop a functional architecture in Ruby
- Build well factored, maintainable, and tested code using RSpec with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Understand and build using strong architectural patterns beyond the standard MVC of Rails
- Have a strong sense of OO programming and Architectural patterns
- Be able to work with, mentor, and guide a distributed team of developers
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Full stack knowledge of technologies like Ruby, SQL, Linux, and AWS
- 3+ Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products Shipped consumer API used concurrently by thousands of users
- Experience working with 3rd party API's and complex database structures
- Great communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with big data technologies and ETLs like Spark, S3, and Redshift, Kafka & Karafka
- Experience with analytics platforms
- Understanding of network concepts
- DevOps experience - Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Terraform
- Experience completing product iterations based on insights from data
- Knowledge of Python, Spark, Athena
This is a Fulltime/FTE position working Monday-Friday. Please keep in mind this client cannot provide sponsorship - US/GC only. This is a 100% remote role and can be based anywhere in the US. Please apply online to be considered.