Back to jobs
Senior QA Engineer
- Posted 17 April 2023
- Salary €450 - €510 per day
- Job type Contract
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client, a leader in the health care and well-being sector, is looking for a talented Senior QA Engineer to join their team in Ireland. The position is temporary (up to 12 months).
The ideal candidate is a hands-on Automation Engineer to be an integral part of the design, build out and rollout of exciting new product and service solutions. You must be able to work with a wide range of resources: architects & technical analysts.
- Serve as a lead QA and Automation Engineer for the software platform ensuring software fully meets our stakeholder's quality expectations.
- Designing and overseeing the overall strategy of QA Automation (test plans and test designs) for the entire software platform.
- Applying established vision of automated QA processes via hands-on work across all areas of development.
- Mentoring other QAs on how to apply established automation patterns and tools.
- Solving the most difficult aspect of QA automation.
- Defining defect lifecycle process, establishing processes, identifying dashboard and metrics that will need to be maintained to provide insights into the platform's overall quality (injection rate, escape rate, test coverage rates, etc.).
- QA automation tools selection for all areas of the platform (both UI and backend APIs, functional and performance testing).
- Design and oversee QA environment strategy and provisioning to maintain appropriate quality across all stakeholders.
- Work across all team and evangelize QA Automation first approach.
- Undergraduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with one or more of the following test tools and frameworks: Selenium, Jmeter, Gatling, Spock, Source Labs, Pearcy, Puppeteer
- Expertise in testing using Data Expectations for Data Quality purposes (experience using tools such as Databricks and/or Great Expectations would be highly preferred).
- Experience in Software Development Testing (Unit testing, Acceptance Testing UI automation, API testing, Performance Testing).
- Experience setting up Testing Frameworks from scratch with the ability to determine and analyse various tools and concepts.
- Ability to participate in high level testing strategy discussions.
- Knowledge of manual testing concepts such as exploratory testing.
- Strong experience working with cross-browser testing.
- Demonstrable experience working with relational (row and column store) databases as well as NoSQL databases.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Post Graduate degree in IT field or equivalent experience.
- External certification like ITQSB, CMSQ etc.
- Demonstrable experience working with Big Data Warehouses (Modern Lakehouse), NoSQL and relational databases.
- Strong experience with integration testing using API (i.e., Rest / Graph), Service Bus (i.e., Kafka), Batch file copy via ETL (i.e., Azure Data Factory).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure would be beneficial.
- Exposure to working in the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge and practical experience testing React.js and Java applications.
This role is temporary and full-time (Monday to Friday), remote work available.
The candidate ideally needs to be based at least 50 miles from the office (Dublin) and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Please contact the recruiter for more information.