Our Client, an energy worldwide provider of equipment and components used in drilling and production operations, is currently hiring for Project Engineer to be responsible for project development from assessment of client requirements through to project completion for both internal and external customers.
- Project Engineering - provide project engineering for multiple projects, working with internal disciplines such as process, R&D and Design.
- Front End Engineering - assessment of client's requirements, creation of solutions options, design briefs, functional descriptions, sourcing and preparation of budget book cost estimates, developing equipment layouts, PFDs, cost benefit analysis for options
- Scheduling - preparation and tracking of project schedules on both the macro and micro scale
- Report Preparation - collation / analysis of data gathered during research and development phases, drawing of conclusions and recommendations, and preparation of reports and other visual presentations
- Procurement - preparation of tender specifications for equipment and services, commercial and technical tender evaluation including preparing responses to bidders technical queries, recommendations for purchase, and purchase orders
- Fabrication monitoring - visits and liaison with fabrication sub-vendors to monitor progress of fabrication.
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experienced in creating and editing documents with professional PDF software
- Experienced in use of AutoCAD and Project Planning
- HND /HNC in a related Engineering discipline or equivalent (Additional info: coordination, cross checking, some specs required)
- Occasional travel as and when required
- Tertiary education in an Engineering discipline
- Experience within oilfield services or similar industry
- Able to understand, evaluate and apply technical information
- Capable of keeping abreast of an evolving portfolio of products and services
This is a full time, 6 month contract role with possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although it is not guaranteed).
Please apply online to be considered.