Press Officer (Corporate) - 12 month Fixed Term Contract - £40,000-£45,000 per annu.
Our client are a leading technology-driven organisation, are currently hiring for a Press Officer to work as part of their wider communications team, who have a particular focus on the organisations corporate public relations interests.
- Proactively developing relationships with media stakeholders
- Pitching stories to media outlets and responding to journalist queries
- Developing briefing material for company spokespeople and managing media interviews
- Strong teamwork ethic, a keen news sense and an ability to quickly understand complex material
- Someone who is comfortable working under pressure where public statements are heavily scrutinised
- Collaboration with other teams - working most closely with the External Affairs, Policy, Strategic Communications, and Internal Communications teams to help deliver on the objectives of the communications strategy
- 2+ years experience in working in an internal corporate press office or PR agency role.
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience
- Excellent organisational, written, and verbal communications skills
- Creativity, strong work ethic and a sense for a good 'news' story
- Demonstrates a drive and determination to improve own performance, as well as that of the team and the business as a whole
- Identifies and delivers improvements to processes within function
- Critically evaluates existing process and systems for improvements
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Location: London (West London)
- Duration:12 months - May extened of become permanent
This is a Hybrid working contract (1-2 days per week on site in the West London office) and is a full-time fixed terms contract position for an initial 12-month period with the possibility to extend (although this is not guaranteed).
Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.