Policy & Government Affairs Lead - 12 month Contract - £450-£550 per day (Inside IR35)
Our client, a large consumer focused organisation, are currently hiring for a Policy & Government Affairs Lead to be responsible for managing the development of Government policy priorities and will lead the engagement with civil servants across Government departments.
The role sits within the Policy and Public Affairs team alongside the wider dynamic Communications function. The Policy & Government Affairs Lead will work with colleagues across the function to support proactive campaigns and use their unique insights to feed into key strategies and business
- Work with subject matter experts across the business to develop a set of Government policy priorities as well as managing expectations on what priority issues are.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships internally and with a wide range of UK Government stakeholders including with the Department for Transport amongst others.
- Support the activation of both proactive and reactive communications strategies to build the reputation of the organisation.
- Manage 2 Policy Managers to help deliver change on various policy issues and to build their own networks.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a senior Government Affairs and Policy position.
- This role requires someone who is experienced in working with internal stakeholders to disseminate complicated and technical information and turn into clear asks of Government. The candidate will need to be able to prioritise competing business needs and understand the wider political landscape to be able to prioritise.
- Experienced and confident in representing an organisation to external audiences.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An excellent team player and takes a proactive approach to updating and sharing information with colleagues. Working as part of a dynamic team this person will seek opportunities to support colleagues, bring new perspectives and work on projects outside of their direct role responsibilities.
- Able to deal with highly pressurised situations and have the capacity to withstand setbacks whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Previous people management experience.
- Contract Type: Contractor (Inside IR35)
- Location: West London - Hybrid 2-3 days onsite
- Duration:12 months - likely to extend
- Maximum Daily Rate: £450-550 per day
This is a Hybrid working contract (2-3 days per week on site in West London) and is a full-time contract (Inside of IR35) position for an initial 12-month period with the possibility to extend (although this is not guaranteed).
Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.