Back to jobs
Mobile Engineer - iOS
- Posted 09 February 2023
- Salary £60000 - £80000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Contract
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client, a global leader in Technology, Information & Internet is currently hiring for a talented Mobile Engineer - iOS, to join their team in the UK. The role is 100% from remote.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Experience with Swift and iOS application development. Knowledge of iOS Architecture, performance optimization, and Security. iOS UI Skills.
- Experience in mobile app development in iOS.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience in utilizing Mobile design patterns, building mobile frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Deliver working features spanning the full software lifecycle including working backwards from customers, software design, implementation, testing, and deployment, operations, and documentation.
- The code is high-quality (contains few defects and is a good example to others). Ensure that when the software fails, the root cause is identified and eliminated with a permanent fix. Ensure the software they produce can be maintained and extended by those not familiar with the code by writing clear documentation and making good design choices. They may seek guidance from senior or principal engineers when facing tough trade-offs. When issues arise, they can participate in an inclusive, constructive dialogue with other team members and members of closely related teams.
- Be a significant contributor to the full software development lifecycle, including scoping, design, code, testing, deployment and maintenance of the project software. Demonstrate operational excellence in all the work.
- Understand a broad range of software implementation approaches, are able to clarify requirements, and are able to review code and provide constructive direction. Ability to mitigate immediate risks.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how to apply these to design, implement, scale, and maintain services and applications.
This is a full time PAYE contract position for an initial 9-month period, extending to 12 and 18 months after review, and that is likely to become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
The candidates need to be based in the UK and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.