Our Client, an energy worldwide provider of equipment and components used in drilling and production operations, is currently hiring for Mechanical Technician to support, improve and participate on time assembly of Company's products through specific tehniques as well as inovative idea generation and efficient problem solving.
- Operate designated machine safely and competently, ensuring that all HSE and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Complete schedules, sequences and assignments for assembly line activities..
- Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Maintain assembly line performance standards, e.g. by monitoring gauges, dials and other indicators.
- Check work via use of gauges, visuals and measuring tools
- Maintain an organised / visual work space (5S understanding)
- Be familiar with and use of proactive root cause problem solving (Fishbone etc.)
- Support all NCR reporting.
- Strive to assist with maintaining all relevant KPIs in Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Engagement whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Ensure that all procedures/paperwork is completed, kept up to date and signed off by the relevant person.
- Ensure all company policies surrounding, health & safety, quality requirements and housekeeping are met.
- Travel as and when required.
- FLT Certs: B2 (in date)
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate and apply technical information (Functional / Technical skills)
- Time served apprenticeship or HNC in a relevant subject
- Working knowledge within an assembly & manufacturing environment including the preparation of components
- Have a background in a mechanical based profession
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Ability to operate basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Forklift and overhead crane certificates
This is a 6 month contract with possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although it is not guaranteed).
Please apply online to be considered.