Material Planner - Norwich - £24,000 - £26,000 doe - Onsite
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring the supply of materials and components to meet the production schedule and daily operations.
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of materials for production, inclusive consumables.
- Ensuring the timely and adequate supply of materials so manufacturing can output the Production Schedule.
- Release, manage and schedule all supplier purchase orders in the MRP system, and ensure delivery forecasts are maintained and communicated to suppliers.
- Ensure efficient and effective material inventories in line with inventory targets whilst minimising excess waste and costs. Maintain accuracy of the MRP system by conducting regular stock checks.
- Work closely with the production planner to communicate potential plan changes and resolve constraints in the supply chain.
- Identify risks related to supplied parts to the Factory Manager for escalation if required.
- Work closely with Goods Receiving, stores and dispatch (Logistic Services) to manage inventory levels, resolve queries, maintain MRP system accuracy and ensure the required paperwork is submitted for stores and dispatch related transactions.
- Support the achievement of schedule adherence, inventory targets and delivery KPIs.
- Compile data for annual packaging waste submission and other regulatory requirements.
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing planning, Supply chain management or a related position.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and MRP systems.
- Good Planning and organising skills.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.