Our client, Europe's leading food company specialised in production of quality meat products, is currently hiring for a HR Manager to join their Team based at their site at Cross Hands, working at both a strategic and operational level in a fully generalist HR role.
- To work in partnership with the Site Ops Manager to formulate and implement a Site Workforce Planning Strategy, in relation to managing overall staffing budgets, site salary structures and benefits, holiday planning and succession planning, development, and promotion.
- Provide expert HR advice to the Site management team, ensuring that company employment policies and procedures are interpreted in line with employment legislation and are implemented fairly and consistently.
- To oversee the production of a Site workforce metrics and HR KPIs, interpret and analyse Site performance, identifying and communicating areas of concern, liaising with senior Site management to implement action plans to improve performance and achieve Site targets.
- Facilitate coaching and development support for Site managers to improve their skills in managing staff.
- To act as a specialist resource, to the Site, providing advice on highly complex employee relation issues such as Disciplinary, Grievance, Sickness absence, Performance management, Appeals, Harassment/bullying issues.
- To work with Site managers to identify retention difficulties (Site hotspots) and develop and implement targeted strategies / actions to resolve.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a HR function, ideally within a fast paced and challenging food processing, manufacturing, or logistics environment.
- CIPD training completed with accreditation at Associate level or above.
- Ability to manage complex Employee Relations Issues.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of employment legislation and adopting best practice.
- Displays excellent coaching skills, as well as the ability to build productive relationships and maintain credibility at all levels.
- Demonstrates an efficient, highly organised, and structured style of working.
- Proven ability to build and develop a high performing HR team.
This is a full-time, contract position for an initial period of 6 months with the potential to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
For this role you would have to be on site 5 days a week at Cross Hands.
Please apply online to be considered.