Our client, a leader in security and surveillance systems, are currently hiring for a Guidance, Control & Navigation Engineer to to join their team in developing cutting-edge autonomous systems technology with a focus on Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Work in a mutli-disciplinary team and be responsible for designing, testing, and iplementing guidance, navigation, and control in our product line.
- Design and develop guidance, navigation, and control algorithms for drone systems
- Conduct simulation and testing of GCN systems
- Collaborate within a team and with external partners to integrate GCN systems into drone hardware
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to GCN systems
- Stay up-to-date with current technology trends and advancements in the field of guidance, navigation, and control
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Aerospace Engineering, Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maths, Physics
- Strong knowledge of guidance, navigation, and control theory and its practical application
- Experience in developing and testing GCN algorithms for autonomous systems, preferably UAVs or missiles
- Able to act as subject matter expert on GCN within the business
- Proficient in MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C/C++
- Experience of image processing beneficial
- Experience of UAS Autopilots (e.g. PX4) beneficial
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Contract Type: Contractor (Outside IR35)
- Location: UK - 100% remote
- Duration:6 months - likely to extend to 12 months and longer.
- Day Rate: £500-700 per day
- Hours - 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Please apply online for consideration.