Financial Modeller - 6 month contract - £500-£600 per day - Inside IR35
Our client, a market leading energy company, are currently hiring for a Financial Modeller to support their Solar and Battery sector by leading the commercial and financial evaluation of new business opportunities and building business cases for future investment decisions.
In this position you will create and own the complex financial and commercial models to identify competitive advantage opportunities, deliver value, ensure bids are competitive and that our investments are cognisant of the risks and opportunities.
- Lead the creation and development of financial investment appraisal models for projects, supporting projects through the governance and approvals process.
- Working with Corporate Finance to ensure models are fit for purpose and financial calculations are accurately incorporated.
- Line manage and lead more junior commercial modellers within the team.
- Work across multiple functions within the Solar and Battery sector and wider business to understand and interpret project details such as technical capability and yield, revenue market opportunities, capex costs and spend profiles, to form a robust view of project returns.
- Integrate inputs and assumptions into commercial models and assumption books from across teams, be responsible for data quality and challenge where appropriate.
- Prepare business case analysis and sensitivities to drive commercial decision making at a senior level.
- Presenting outputs to senior leadership and play a key role in future solar and battery business decisions.
- Support negotiations of contract terms through providing data analysis and modelling support to assist the commercial manager in driving the contract to completion.
- Conduct analysis to assess potential risks and opportunities for the business cases and report findings to the wider business.
- Support in regularly updating the commercial team on UK&I energy market developments and provide analytical resource including understanding of the current and new revenue streams and their mechanics in order to assist in strategic and commercial decision making.
- Understanding of commercial and financial modelling best practices and analytical techniques
- A good level of understanding of UK and Ireland energy markets
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical and modelling skills
- Awareness of financial statements and concepts
- Strong organisational and task management skills
- Experience in a project driven environment
This is a full time, contract role for a minimum period of 6 months with a view to extending to 12 and 24 months (although this is not guaranteed).
This is a Hybrid (2 days per week onsite in London, Reading, Glasgow or Birmingham Offices) and is Inside IR35.
Please apply online for consideration.