Our client, a leading law firm, based in Reading, is currently hiring for a Financial Controller to oversee the day-to-day financial operations of the accounting department including all reporting, financial administration and improving organizational processes and procedures across the board within the accounting function.
- Management of financial staff and financial oversight
- Supervise, coach, appraise and develop all direct and indirect reports in the finance team
- Ensure group/legal financial policies/regulations are adhered to with a string culture of robust internal controls
- Organise, structure, allocate workload within the finance department
- Financial/legal reporting
- Responsible for delivering periodic financial reports
- Responsible for any ad-hoc reports that support the management of the business
- Responsible for legal reporting
- Supervision and management of working capital with a view to reducing lock up and facilitating conversion to cashflow
- ERP/IT and process improvement
- Supervise all processes in the integrated ERP system
- 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- NVQ level 3 or above in accounting, or equivalent professional qualification (i.e., AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel
- Experience with integrated ERP systems
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday. Hybrid working, offices based in Reading.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.