Our client a young, fast-growing company operating in the IT infrastructure space with applications across aerospace, defence, automotive and semiconductors are current recruiting for a Field Application Engineer - Embedded Cybersecurity to join the expanding team in Paris, France.
Role and Responsibility
- Identify the current and future needs of clients to ensure the success of their projects and find appropriate solutions with them.
- Develop a network of contacts within the client's organization to improve cooperation and become a trusted partner.
- In collaboration with the sales engineers identify opportunities and convert them into contracts in order to achieve sales targets.
- Generate, prepare and present the technical part of the company's proposals in collaboration with the Product and Integration teams.
- Take charge of product evaluations at customer sites.
- Actively participate in project support and execution activities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Potentially take charge of training and consulting missions.
- Prepare and participate in public events: tradeshows, seminars, etc.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the embedded software and cybersecurity market.
- Previous experience in technical support or pre-sales is preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German would be a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills, adaptability, proactivity and willingness to take ownership of assignments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility in work and travel patterns.
- High integrity, honesty, ability to listen, communication, team spirit, autonomy, motivation and professional rigor.
- Above all, a great attitude, customer focus and the desire to make a difference.
- Experience with at least one of the following OS/RTOS: Linux (Yocto or buildroot), VxWorks, QNX, Integrity, FreeRTOS, Zephyr or other. A good knowledge of embedded hypervisors would be a plus.
- Processor architectures: ARM Cortex-A, Cortex-M and RISC-V.
- Languages: C/C++, RUST and Python would be a plus.
- Development and debugger environment: GDB, Eclipse or equivalent.
- Communication stacks: TCP/IP, OpenSSL, IPSEC, IKE, Routing, Bridging, QoS, VLAN.
- Knowledge in the following areas would be highly valued:
- Security architectures
- Applied cryptography
- Certification for operational safety: DO-178, IEC-61508, etc.
- Certification for cybersecurity: Common Criteria, SESIP, DO-356, IEC 62443, WP-29, ISO/IEC 27000
This is a fulltime permanent office-based position, with the possibility of a hybrid remote arrangement for the desired candidate.
*All candidates must hold valid work permit or be eligible to work in France*