Engineering Team Lead
- Posted 25 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- LocationUnited States of America
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client, a leading Data Integration Company is looking for an Engineering Team Lead. Your team is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining applications that are deployed on our client's serverless 'Helixa Unified Platform.'
Our client's platform leverages AI to combine multiple data sources (social, surveys etc.) and predicts human behaviours. The output is a set of detailed statistics designed to help the best marketers understand how their audience differentiates from the average population. You will collaborate with experienced technologists in AI and Market Research, building innovative and pioneering technical solutions for strategic marketing.
As the Engineering Team Lead, you will have the opportunity to work with awesome tech, deliver world class software, gain exposure to cutting-edge systems and platforms which operate on a global scale, grow and build your team and help your team deliver its technology roadmap.
For this role, you will be leading a product team. The product teams build and maintain all our client's software solutions. Each team has a dedicated product/feature, enabling teams to master and own their business domain.
- Collaborate closely with the team to plan, prototype, scope and develop frontend and backend web application components/features
- Utilize Source Control, adhering to best practices
- Write and maintain appropriate documentation based on components/features built or engineering processes/standards
- Attend Agile ceremonies, take part in engineers technical discovery and ideation sessions
- Undertake regular 1:1's with your team members
- Build your team by assisting with recruitment
- Ensuring standards and company policies are adhered too
- Coach and mentor development team members
- At least 8+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Software Engineering or similar position and 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Excellent understanding of both microservices and serverless architecture - preferably in AWS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Solid understanding of RESTful systems and the principles of good API design
- Experience with BigData and PyData stack (pandas, numpy)
- Understanding of version control and release management tools such as Git & Github
- Knowledge of Software testing best practices
- Experience of Lean/Agile environments; knowledge of product development tools such as JIRA
- Ability to keep up to date with advances in Technology and best practices from the
- Knowledge of React 16+ (with a focus on hooks-based components) & js development
- Experience with State management libraries (e.g Redux, Redux Saga)
- Experience with Micro Frontend platform
- Experience working with test frameworks (e.g Jest and Cypress)
- Conceptual knowledge of Machine Learning
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a distributed working environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail-oriented with excellent time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively, independently and as a team player
- Ability to work efﬁciently and productively in a lean/agile environment
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
This is a permanent position working Monday-Friday. Please keep in mind this client cannot provide sponsorship - US/GC only. This is a 100% remote role and can be based anywhere in the US. Please apply online to be considered.