Our client a young, fast-growing company operating in the IT infrastructure space with applications across aerospace, defence, automotive and semiconductors are current recruiting for a Program Manager to join the expanding team in Sophia Antipolis near Nice, France.
As Project Manager you will hold a crucial role in overseeing both the management of a key external client and the management of an internal team of 10-15 technical professionals.
You will play a vital role in coordinating the efforts of the team, ensuring that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities, and promoting collaboration and effective communication. You must proactively identify and address any obstacles or challenges that may hinder the team's progress
- Create a goal, strategy and plan to support achievement of the mission for a long-term client-facing embedded software development project.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the internal team and individual team members along with the challenges of each project, defining the priorities and strategy to fulfil specific objectives.
- Motivate/support/develop/lead the R&D team to execute the proper plans to fulfil the mission including experts, architects, developers and testers.
- Review specifications, requirements to develop and prepare impact analysis against initial project premises & coordinate change points with applicable stakeholders.
- Manage / communicate internally customer program data for forecast / planning activities and escalates issues, with plan / solution, for resolution as required.
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management, in embedded software or security
- Good knowledge of software embedded system concepts and architecture, especially RTOS and middleware.
- Good knowledge of embedded C/C++ development
- Exposure to Micro-controllers or Microprocessors would be a plus.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Strong project, self-management and organizational skills.
- Strong external, client-facing management skills
- Clear and concise, oral and written communication
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment, working on a variety of responsibilities/projects.
- Experienced in managing project execution to time and cost.
- Ability to create and deliver clear, concise presentations.
- Willingness to learn new systems and embedded applications.
- Willingness to propose and drive organizational improvements.
This is a fulltime permanent office-based position, with the possibility of a hybrid remote arrangement for the desired candidate.
*All candidates must hold valid work permit or be eligible to work in France*