Our client, an events company that specalises in the production of B2B conferences is expanding to the US and is hiring a conference producer for their brand-new New York Office.
- Research, write & produce a minimum of 7-8 business conferences per
- Produce each event to the highest quality possible, curating content for the relevant community, within 30 days, working to the specifications outlined and adhering to the requirements of the production schedule.
- Invite a minimum of 80 potential speakers per event (all invitees must be relevant and have received written details of the conference)
- Ensure data is requested and received from all invited and confirmed speakers and workshop leaders and added to the internal database daily.
- Secure 16 speakers and a chair and be in receipt of their confirmation forms by the end of the 30- day production cycle.
- Ensure deadlines are met and production targets achieved and
- Keep the Production Manager fully informed and aware of the progress of each conference and any problems.
- Maximise event profitability (keeping speakers expenses to a minimum)
- Work with Sponsorship and telesales, passing on leads and suggesting potential sponsors and finally following up any leads passed on and researching additional leads.
- Work with Marketing to check all marketing material relevant to your conferences, advising them on how best to attract potential delegates, making suggestions of associations, societies, and journals suitable for external marketing Provide a mid-production marketing brief to add any developments or refinements to the initial research brief.
- Add additional value to the conference programme wherever
- Complete all aspects of conference administration (confirmation forms, expense forms, guest place forms and handovers) accurately and on time.
- Ensure the conference information is displayed on the web site and that the material is correct and up to date.
- Ensure replacement speakers are found for existing conference programmes and that Marketing, Telesales, Sponsorship, the Conference Executive, Client Services and Website Support are aware of the changes.
- Attend and open conferences, bringing workshops and future events to the attention of speakers and delegates.
- Network with speakers and delegates to get new ideas for conferences, feedback, and secure speakers for future events.
- Ad-hoc jobs as
Essential Skills, Traits and Qualifications
- Can build strong 2-day agendas reflective of industry-specific requirements and
- Act at the Project Manager for each event, liaising continually with other relevant departments to ensure the smooth running of events, both in preparation on site
- The ability to manage time effectively, often balancing multiple conference responsibilities at one
- The ability to assimilate information quickly and
- A tenacious and enthusiastic approach
- Good time management capabilities and a can-do approach
- A commercial outlook on industry
- Excellent communication skills with senior ranking officials/directors and public sector industry specific individuals on a one-to-one basis whether face to face or by telephone
- Excellent one to one communication and team skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
This is a permanent, full time position.
This is a Hybrid role working 3 days from the New york office.
Please apply online to be considered.