Our Client, a multinational energy company, is currently hiring a Competitive Transmission Director to be responsible for opening up a huge developing market opportunity that has clear synergies to our wider business.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Growth to build and maintain a market leading team capable of creating a space for the Client in this international market.
- Work with the director of strategic growth to develop Company's strategy for competitive transmission.
- Establish a partner network for the development and co-investment of competitive transmission assets.
- Evaluate and develop bids for OFTOS and CATOS (as they emerge) working alongside partners.
- Negotiate Company's engagement with existing Interconnector and MPI opportunities and develop new opportunities working with partners and Company.
- Evaluate and develop opportunities to invest in and build out elements of the Offshore Transmission Network utilising existing assets such as wind farms and asset opportunities such as OFTOs and Multi-Purpose Interconnectors.
- A firm understanding of energy sector, the key markets within it and how these are likely to change over time.
- A good understanding of key power infrastructure and associated technologies such as power generation, transmission, distribution, and storage.
- A strong track record in power transmission with experience of one or more of HVDC connections, interconnectors and OFTOs.
- Strong industry relationships across BEIS, Ofgem, potential partners and suppliers.
- Experience in large scale power infrastructure projects.
- Experience of building, shaping, and managing a business
- At least five year's experience in the field of power transmission with specific experience of HVDC transmission systems.
- Strong financial analysis capabilities with the ability to build and model financial forecasts and business cases and assess financial accounts as well as Strong commercial background.
This is an initial 3 month contract role with possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although it cannot be guaranteed).
This is a remote role with requirement to travel to Reading/London office on occasion for Stakeholder meetings.
Please apply online to be considered.