Our client, a global leader in Civil Engineering is currently hiring for a Civil Technician Reporting to our clients Team Leader and will collaborate with all stakeholders cross discipline to achieve 'best for project' outcomes. This role will contribute to successfully delivering projects to budget, to timescales and to an excellent standard.
- Accountable for the completion of all designated work to programme and budget.
- Collaborating as part of the Engineering / Project team to provide the best solution for the client.
- To provide accurate Engineering design documentation in accordance with Standards and Procedures to an excellent standard.
- You will have a good awareness of HSEQ, including duties under CDM and best professional practice
- You will have excellent collaboration skills and the ability to build solid working relationships internally and with key stakeholders
- You will be committed to your own Professional and Personal Development, Competency and have an active interest in the Mentoring and Training of more junior members of the design team
- Highly proficient in Autodesk Civil 3D whilst having an understanding of other Autodesk Design Suite software packages. Knowledge of Revit would be an advantage.
- Autodesk Civil 3D Capability should include but not be limited to: -
- Surface modelling
- Pipe Networks
- Corridor modelling
- Cut and Fill
- Experience of Common Data Environments (CDE) and Collaborative Working Platforms including working to BIM systems.
- Knowledge, interpretation and application of relevant client, industry standards
- Proven ability to build positive relationships across diverse inhouse and external teams and client groups
- Robust verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- A passion for design and innovation
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues.
- Able to work collaboratively to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate.
- Demonstrate integrity.
Preferred skills -
- Achieved or working towards an EngTech accreditation
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Team player, cooperative with other staff with open sharing of information and knowledge.
- Proactive at identifying improvements and quality of outputs
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to meet and agree deadlines.
- Ability to coach / mentor less experienced members of the team, including graduate engineers
This is a full time / permanent position.
This is a Hybrid position with 2 days weekly travel to Chester Office as required.
Please apply online for consideration.