Back to jobs
Business Development, Marketing & Communications Manager
- Posted 05 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineMarketing & Creative
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client is an international law firm and world leader in the legal sector based in Paris, France, currently recruiting for a Business Development, Marketing & Communications Manager To manage the BD, Marketing & Communications activity of the Firm for the Africa practice and the Casablanca office.
This role can be based in either Casablanca or Paris, or Brussels, or London.
- Business Development: Assist in the delivery of key actions identified in the client and market development plans for the Africa practice
- Support the partners in developing and implementing strategic client plans and managing client teams for the priority clients of the practice and the office;
- Assist the lawyers with the preparation of panel proposals, RFP responses and other, tailored client proposals led by the Casablanca office;
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and new potential clients;
- Conduct competitor, client and marketplace analysis.
- Marketing and Communications: Deliver the communications strategy and plan for the Africa practice and ensure alignment with the global messaging and positioning:
- Identify opportunities to position and raise the profile of the practice and partners;
- Prepare and coordinate directory submissions and nominations for awards;
- Assist with the organization of client events/seminars and sponsorships/conferences;
- Support the production and distribution of client communications, including client briefings and other thought leadership materials;
- Develop and maintain content for website and intranet;
- Work alongside the global communications team to ensure the visibility of the Africa practice in Firmwide internal communications channels;
- Develop content for social media in coordination with the global communications team;
- Provide communications and media relations support as required, including assisting in writing press releases and other communications releases in collaboration with the global communications team.
- Information and data management: Ensure that marketing information is accurately entered and disseminated:
- Maintain and update marketing materials, including Africa practice descriptions, lists of representative matters, brochures, etc.;
- Support other colleagues across the network for input on Africa-related pitches and other documents demonstrating our capabilities;
- Ensure deal flow information is captured in the relevant databases for league table submissions, directory listings, pitches, partner biographies, awards and other external and internal communication activities.
Key required skills include:
- Understanding of our clients' commercial objectives and marketplace
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to withstand pressure and to prioritize competing demands
- Demonstrating strong teamwork capacity and ability to collaborate with colleagues at all levels and across global offices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and highly organized
- Proactive and results driven
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a professional or financial services firm, preferably international/matrix organisation with management exposure.
- Ideally familiar with business development, key account management, marketing and communications including PR background.
- Very good knowledge of Office programmes (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and the use of social media.
- University degree (in Business Studies, Economics, Marketing or Law).
- Excellent command of English and French with strong writing skills.
Casablanca or Paris, or Brussels, or London
This is a permanent full-time position, working Monday to Friday.
Our client offers excellent compensation and excellent career development prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.