Our client is an international law firm and world leader in the legal sector based in Paris, France, currently recruiting for a Billing & Collection Manager to participate proactively in billing and debt collection and enable efficient ways in managing working capital.
The role also involves providing timely and accurate billing information to the Order to Cash Manager to assist with billing and collection forecasts and the resolution of key issues. Therefore, the ability to understand the importance of billing and collection targets and their achievement in relation to the financial management of a large professional services firm is essential.
- Ensure existing client rates agreement and agreed eBilling configuration are applied.
- Ensure there is an engagement letter and compliance to Firm expectation.
- Review meetings and follow up - challenge Partners to accelerate billing and collection with a reminder of their individual billing and collection targets. Offer support should they need help to action billing/collection
- Discuss and challenge WIP and Debtors balances in order to achieve accurate WIP/Debtors valuation.
- Promote working capital management tools such as Dashboards and MBR (Matter Balance Report).
- Initiate and give support in analysis of matter profitability.
- Follow-up of billing and collection commitments and chase.
- Issue bills in accordance with the Firm's billing policy and clients' billing guidelines.
- Ebilling: manage eBilling workflow, run adhoc reports to anticipate eBilling issues, help solve eBilling issues.
- Amend, authorise and print bills.
- Follow up on overdue invoices when automatic reminders are unsuccessful.
- Contact client in the most appropriate way (email/call) to get payment.
- Provide early warning to Partners on any matter financial variance to profitability targets and work closely with Order to Cash Manager and Commercial Pricing Specialist to reduce gaps.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to the Order to Cash Manager, escalation of issues/problems/concerns.
- Deliver a collaborative and pro-active approach in working with the Partners and O2C team throughout the billing and collections process.
- Through liaison with billing and collection communities, implement and ensure the continuous improvement of working practices and controls, with a focus on optimisation and safeguarding of efficient processes.
- Maintain and update systems in a timely manner.
- Various ad hoc queries and problem solving.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- You will have a pro-active approach and be able to influence billing activities in order to achieve billing targets.
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude to understand new concepts and processes quickly. You will also be required to delegate tasks throughout the billing team structure, with a view to developing and enhancing billing efficiencies.
- You will be able to demonstrate a very high level of attention to detail.
- You will need a flexible working approach and the confidence to communicate, both written and verbally, with people at all levels, in both French and English.
- You will be able to demonstrate substantial experience of working within a billing team, ideally within a Professional Service firm environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate technical knowledge and expertise of a global professional services practice management system, together with a sound knowledge of Excel and Word.
- You will have a good understanding of the financial processes that underpin billing and collection activities and the ability to apply these; dealing with the requirements of Partners and the clients with whom they work.
- Master Degree or equivalent, in Accounting and Finance, or Business Degree.
Our client offers excellent compensation and excellent career development prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.