2nd Line WAN Engineer (DNS)
Location: Birmingham (Onsite Role)
Rate: Up to £280 per day
Clearance: SC clearance (can be obtained during onboarding)
Your Role: We are seeking a skilled 2nd Line WAN Project Network Engineer to join our team based in Solihull. As a 2nd Line WAN Project Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for configuring Juniper SRX series Routers to a 2nd Line level. Your role will involve managing and supporting a new Juniper Core Network (MCN) WAN estate, ensuring timely project delivery, and providing general support escalations/fault finding.
- Configure SRX series routers to meet project deadlines for the delivery of secure network services globally.
- Manage and support the Juniper Core Network (MCN) WAN estate.
- Undertake a mix of project/implementation work and general support escalations/fault finding.
- 24/7 availability
- 4on-4off (4 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 4 off)
Your Experience: The successful candidate will have extensive experience and expertise in configuring and tuning the following: Juniper SRX platform, BGP, IPSEC, MPLS, PKI
- In-depth knowledge of Junos and experience with various SRX platforms.
- Comprehensive CLI exposure.
- Proficient in routing and switching.
- In-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning BGP.
- Expertise in IPSEC VPNs and troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of MPLS configuration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of PKI infrastructure elements and familiarity with certificate-based VPN authentication.
If you are a dynamic and self-motivated individual with the required expertise and are comfortable with a 24/7 shift pattern, we invite you to apply. SC clearance is a prerequisite for this role.
This is an immediate start contract role which will run for a minimum period of 12 months, with the potential to either extend, or become permanent (although this cannot be guaranteed)
This contract is only available on a PAYE or Sole Trader basis. Ltd company engagement is not an option.
Please apply online for consideration