Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) position requires individuals to be highly motivated, goal oriented and focused on continuous improvement. This individual must be able to work in a demanding and dynamic environment. Excellent documentation, communication, customer service and technical skills are the key attributes for this position. Individual must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and tasks.
- This position has a goal of driving excellent customer satisfaction, customer retention and additional revenue.
- Operational Responsibilities
- Communicate regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs
- Document all client interaction in respective tools
- Ensure high quality support solutions and timely monitoring of all partner issues and drive escalation where appropriate.
- Coordinate with technical personnel as needed to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
- Communicate directly with client technical teams to understand business requirements and provide technical recommendations and guidance.
- Seek to understand customer's short and long term business goals and the role technology takes to help achieve them.
- Develop success plans that help customers meet their financial and technology targets. Assist customers in working those plans through to completion.
- Leverage solution offerings and technical abilities to identify opportunities for additional customer revenue.
- Leverage customer relationships for prospect and industry references
- Keep customers informed of process and procedural changes, as well as new solution offerings.
- Leverage knowledge of customers' environments to assist support engineers and service teams in better serving your customers
- Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with strategic partners to proactively manage the service experience and mitigate churn
- Champion and advocate for customer at all times
- Act as the customer main point of contact both internally and for the client organization
- Relationship development at multiple client organizational levels, including C-Level
- Ensure the clients support expectations are in-line with our support delivery
- Manage and/or generate any escalated service issues and ensure their resolution
- Ensure the client is aware of the value of the support contract
- Ensure the client is always educated on the types of services they are being provided
- Work closely with service department to ensure the highest level of service delivery for each assigned account
- Provide detailed reviews of service disruption events
- Maintain communication with all teams to be aware of issues and trends
- Maintain current account information, including contacts and marketing groups, in respective tools
- Manage new customer on-boarding process and participate when necessary
- Actively identify and close new project and recurring revenue opportunities.
- Responsible for Contract renewals and negotiations
- Perform two unique client touches per client per month
- Conduct Monthly Business Review Meetings
- Conduct Quarterly Technology Review Meetings
- Conduct Annual or Bi-Annual Strategic Planning and Technology Budget Meetings
- One client touch per week during the first 90 days of the contract
- Broad knowledge of IT Systems functionality and interoperability
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure, Windows Server, Storage, Hypervisors and Connectivity
- High level knowledge of networks, protocols, wireless and firewalls
- Ability to effectively review solutions for Backup, Disaster Recovery, Anti-Virus, and Security Standards (existing as well as emerging) with customers
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop infrastructure; advantages and challenges
- Apprised of industry trends, recent technology news and future technology solutions
Technical Consulting and Steering:
- Act as a trusted technical advisor
- Develop a technology plan for each client
- Develop a technology budget based on this plan
- Make each client aware of the business risk within their technology environment
- Evaluate reports to develop trends that will assist in making recommendations to improve business efficiency
- Provide formal and informal training to customer personnel when appropriate
Critical Core Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and under deadline constraints
- Maintains customer focus in all aspects of job
- Efficient, effective, pleasant customer service technique
- Correct setting of customer expectations
- Ability to create and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Excellent grammar; written and oral communication skills