Technical Account Manager
Our client, a leading MSP and MSSP, is looking for a Technical Account Manager (TAM) to join their growing team in a demanding and dynamic environment. Excellent documentation, communication, customer service and technical skills are the key for thsi role, as well as adapting to a fast paced environment. This position focuses on excelling customer satisfaction, retention and continuing a revenue pipeline.
Responsiblities - Operational
* Communicate regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction and proactively identify upcoming needs
* Document all client interaction in respective tools
* Ensure high quality support solutions and timely monitoring of all partner issues and drive escalation where appropriate.
* Coordinate with technical personnel as needed to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
* Communicate directly with client technical teams to understand business requirements and provide technical recommendations and guidance.
* Seek to understand customer's short and long term business goals and the role technology takes to help achieve them.
* Develop success plans that help customers meet their financial and technology targets. Assist customers in working those plans through to completion.
* Leverage Omega solution offerings and technical abilities to identify opportunities for additional customer revenue.
* Leverage customer relationships for prospect and industry references
* Keep customers informed of process and procedural changes, as well as new solution offerings.
* Leverage knowledge of customers' environments to assist support engineers and service teams in better serving your customers
* Facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with strategic partners to proactively manage the service experience and mitigate churn
* Champion and advocate for customer at all times
Account Management Duties
* Act as the customer main point of contact for both Omega internally and for the client organization
* Relationship development at multiple client organizational levels, including C-Level
* Ensure the clients support expectations are in-line with our support delivery
* Manage and/or generate any escalated service issues and ensure their resolution
* Ensure the client is aware of the value of the support contract
* Ensure the client is always educated on the types of services they are being provided
* Work closely with service department to ensure the highest level of service delivery for each assigned account
* Provide detailed reviews of service disruption events
* Maintain communication with all Omega teams to be aware of issues and trends
* Maintain current account information, including contacts and marketing groups, in respective tools
* Manage new customer on-boarding process and participate when necessary
* Actively identify and close new project and recurring revenue opportunities.
* Responsible for Contract renewals and negotiations
o Perform two unique client touches per client per month
o Conduct Monthly Business Review Meetings
o Conduct Quarterly Technology Review Meetings
o Conduct Annual or Bi-Annual Strategic Planning and Technology Budget Meetings
o One client touch per week during the first 90 days of the contract
* Broad knowledge of IT Systems functionality and interoperability
* Basic understanding of IT infrastructure, Windows Server, Storage, Hypervisors and Connectivity
* High level knowledge of networks, protocols, wireless and firewalls
* Ability to effectively review solutions for Backup, Disaster Recovery, Anti-Virus, and Security Standards (existing as well as emerging) with customers
* Experience with Remote Desktop Services and Virtual Desktop infrastructure; advantages and challenges
* Apprised of industry trends, recent technology news and future technology solutions
Technical Consulting and Steering:
* Act as a trusted technical advisor
* Develop a technology plan for each client
* Develop a technology budget based on this plan
* Make each client aware of the business risk within their technology environment
* Evaluate reports to develop trends that will assist in making recommendations to improve business efficiency
* Provide formal and informal training to customer personnel when appropriate