Proect Engineer - 6-12 month contract - £550-£650 per day - Inside IR35
Our client, a market leading energy company, are currently hiring for a Project Engineer to to join a multi-disciplined Project Engineering team to help develop and deliver innovative solutions to high voltage electrical substation projects, helping to unlock the renewable generation potential in the North of Scotland and contributing towards the UK's Net-Zero targets.
- Creating outline scope, site location plans, primary plant layout and Single Line Diagrams for new build and asset replacement type projects, operating up to 400kV.
- Reviewing contractor/consultants detailed designs and witnessing Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Implementing safety by design principles to ensure that engineering and safety risks are adequately controlled.
- Support site and operational teams to ensure the quality of installations, with minimal risk to Network security.
- Evaluate tenders and procure and manage specialist services from consultants.
- A good awareness of the technical functions in Transmission, along with an appreciation of legal and regulatory obligations and project governance and engineering processes.
- An understanding of the legislation and implications for the Transmission network management for both Assets and Projects, including Construction Design Management & Electricity Safety, Quality and Continuity Regulations.
- You must be a problem solver with the strength of character to ensure critical matters are addressed by the project teams.
- Enthusiastic with excellent communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate diligence and prioritise tasks.
This is a full time, contract role for a minimum period of 6 months with a view to extending to 12 and 24 months (although this is not guaranteed).
This is a remote role with some travel to East Scotland, and is Inside IR35.
Please apply online for consideration.