Our client, a multinational energy company based in Reading, is currently hiring for a Power Systems Specialist - Interconnectors to take responsibility for the Power Systems Studies and Grid connections technical requirements.
- Provide the technical expertise required to develop and deliver technical solutions (system design) for IC & MPI.
- Provide expert advice and guidance for the development and selection of the HVDC/AC transmission systems for ICs and MPIs.
- Ensure integrity of the proposed/developed solution in terms of regulatory compliance, system safety and integrity.
- Monitor the quality of the design and construction related to power and control systems during the development, construction, and commissioning stages of projects.
- Provide support to develop grid connection agreements.
- A good understanding of energy sector, the key markets within it and how these are likely to change over time.
- A good understanding of key power infrastructure and associated technologies such as power generation, transmission, distribution, and storage
- A strong understanding of power transmission with in-depth experience of one or more of HVDC connections, interconnectors and OFTOs
- An understanding of the regulatory and commercial models associated with offshore transmission opportunities such as OFTOs and Interconnectors
- Experience in the technical design and delivery support of large-scale power infrastructure projects
- At least 7 years' experience in the field of power systems, ideally experience of HVDC transmission systems.
- Experience of using power system software packages such as DigSILENT Power Factory, PSS/E, ETAP, PSCAD, IPSA etc.
This is a full time, remote 6 month contract (with occasional travel to office) with a possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although it cannot be guaranteed).
The role is £500 - £640 per day - INSIDE IR35. DVLA is required.
Please apply online to be considered.