Job Title: Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Engineer
Our client, a leading innovator in manufacturing excellence, is in search of an accomplished Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Engineer to join their dynamic team. This role is integral in the development of efficient systems and processes to ensure cost-effective, high-quality products. You will work within manufacturing and supply chain management to assess quality, ensuring compliance with engineering and manufacturing specifications.
- Ensure the production, performance, and quality standards of Inkjet Machine products are consistently met.
- Proactively identify and prioritize efficiency issues through data performance monitoring and collaborate to develop scalable solutions via continuous improvement initiatives.
- Make sound decisions in a dynamic setting, employing impeccable judgment.
- Coordinate support to operations across the organization, demonstrating leadership presence.
- Assist in developing contingency plans and secondary sources to prevent business interruptions.
- Identify areas for enhancement in existing manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with operations managers to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Ensure safety regulations are met in workflows, processes, and products.
- Investigate and troubleshoot product or production issues.
- Research and develop new product methods and equipment.
- Play an essential role in implementing Enterprise Resource Planning system components, including bill of materials, manufacturing routings, work instructions, and data collection.
- Evaluate equipment, process, and workflow layouts in detail.
- Implement cost-saving measures and quality control systems.
- Ensure compliance with safety standards and legal regulations in manufacturing processes, equipment, and products.
- Lead lean manufacturing continuous improvement efforts, including GEMBA Board preparation, tracking, and countermeasures.
- Review manufacturing specifications to identify required materials.
- Assess, source, and evaluate the best vendors for necessary materials.
- Check incoming supplies and products from vendors for defects and quality.
- Observe vendor facilities and review their manufacturing procedures.
- Maintain detailed reports and scorecards on supplier quality, including on-time delivery, defect rates, and areas resulting in flaws.
- Conduct regular quality control audits to ensure vendors continue to comply with company standards.
- Identify quality issues through product tests and assessments.
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers to reduce defect rates.
- Act as a liaison between senior management and vendors to identify quality issues and develop solutions.
- Develop and implement quality standards and control systems, including Material Review Board, external Supplier Corrective Action, and internal Corrective and Preventive Action.
- Monitor and analyse quality performance to identify trends and resolutions.
- Inspect and test materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Operations to establish long-range operating goals.
- Mandatory: bachelor's degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience in manufacturing and securing vendor contracts.
- Strong statistical analysis and quality assurance skills.
- Profound technical knowledge in manufacturing and engineering.
- Familiarity with quality control standards and government regulations.
- Experience in manufacturing, production processes, and engineering principles.
- Capable of offering guidance to improve process efficiency.
- Preferred: Over 10 years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering.
- Proficiency in evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective organization and management capabilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States; the company does not provide visa sponsorship.