Our client, a leading provider of cloud communications solutions, is looking for a talented Frontend Developer to join their team in Bracknell, Berkshire.
The ideal candidate is committed to deliver valuable applications and services to customers. Responsibilities include ensuring the software meets the agreed acceptance criteria and the team's definition of done.
From design, development, testing, deploying, and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, the candidate will enable the client to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers.
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Work within an Agile team to develop applications to meet product/customer requirements.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
Maintenance & Improvement -
- Problem solves and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, always following internal change procedures.
- Peer review colleague's work.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process, or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with software development trends and technological advancements. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks, and languages as relevant.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM, Computer Science, or related subject from Russell Group University.
- Experience in source control, in particular Git.
- Experience working within an Agile environment, in particular Scrum, and applying supporting practices.
- Experience of frontend frameworks and libraries, React.js.
- Server-side web development experience, in c# or PHP.
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards.
- Knowledge and experience working with accessibility standards such as Web Accessibility Content Guidelines (WCAG).
- Experience in developing containerising applications with Docker and using orchestration such as Kubernetes.
- Experience in using test tools such as Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library or Selenium Web Driver.
This role is permanent and full-time, (Monday to Friday) obly 2 days per week of remote work available.
The candidate must be based within 50miles of the office, and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Please contact the recruiter for more information.