Our client, a global technology business, based in Dublin, are currently hiring for a Category Sourcing Consultant to drive all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process, including but not limited to, taking lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms.
- Lead role in supporting cost savings and revenue generation business goals through the sourcing process for large spend category areas.
- Process large amounts of and varying types of data to extrapolate favourable conclusions.
- Work with Business Partners to resolve supplier related business issues.
- Invoicing / payment issues.
- Contract language interpretation / clarification.
- Disputes over contract pricing (i.e. Units / Models).
- Take a lead role and simultaneously work with and lead multiple teams to guide selections of low-cost and highly technically qualified Suppliers to provide needed services.
- Present new products, technologies and services from existing or new suppliers to clients.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quantity Surveyor or equivalent experience in the Telecommunication industry
- Credentials from CIPS, IACCM or IIPMM.
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing in the technology areas such as Network Equipment and Infrastructure.
- Experience in project management in complex multi-project and multi-geography environment.
- Experience as a telecommunications installer and / or engineer.
- PMP or Prince 2 experience & Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Strong analytical skills & Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications - MS Access a plus.
- Experience in large scale FTTH / FTTC / FTTP / FTTB in dense urban environments.
- Experience in large scale Engineering and construction projects in dense urban environments.
- Working knowledge of telecommunications standards (i.e. Telcordia GR documents), including engineering specifications, drawings and layouts.
- Strong familiarity with installation procedures, practices and standards.
This is a full time, contract position for an initial period of 12 months with the option to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
Please apply online for consideration.