About the job
MarkJames Search are working with an established oil & gas business, based in Scotland. They are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant, on a maternity cover contract basis, for a minimum of 6 months. The role offers hybrid working, 3 days in the office (Aberdeen) and 2 days from home.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial information for the UK division. Working as part of a team, you will support the ledgers, including responsibility for the accurate and timely reporting of financials information for pre-assigned ledgers and reporting on the SOX controls on a quarterly basis. You will also be expected to actively support the Ledger Controller in the team with their reporting responsibilities including SOX controls.
You should be a detail-oriented person and keen to take on fresh challenges. This role will provide many opportunities to develop your technical and interpersonal skills as well as expand your knowledge of systems and policies.
Responsibilities for the role of Assistant Accountant:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial information for the pre-assigned UK ledgers, including intercompany, fixed assets and banking
- Prepare accurate and timely reporting for the SOX reporting for the pre-assigned UK ledgers
- Support the Ledger Controller, this will include, amongst other activities, balance sheet reconciliations, aging analysis, SOX reporting and variance analysis
- Liaise with internal and external audit teams to support audit requirements
- Prepare monthly VAT reconciliations for review and submission
- Actively look to automate and streamline processes within the roles area of responsibility
- Strong technical accounting experience, ideally from a SOX controls environment
- Ideally studying towards a ACCA / CIMA / ACA or equivalent
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical, with good attention to detail
- Available to start on short notice and commit to the duration of the contract
If you meet the above requirements, please apply today!