Our client, an electronic manufacturing company is looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join their dynamic software design team. As a software engineer for data collection, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining application software for use on our client's field computers, and for embedded devices and systems for our client's products.
You will report to the VP of Product Development and will be responsible for keeping our client's GUIs competitive and user friendly, with the latest trends and innovations in software development.
- Develop data collection software for cross platform use
- Work closely with product managers and engineering team
- Improve software performance, speed and user friendliness
- Write User Applications for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux OS
- Write proprietary drivers for custom platforms
- Debug / troubleshoot hardware issues
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Engineering, MSc is a plus
- Experience with embedded software engineering is a plus
- Proficient with C / C++17 Programming Languages & Patterns of Programming
- Shell and Python scripting Languages
- TCP/IP Networking for client-server applications
- General understanding of GNSS technology
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques
- Knowledge of different IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems
- Good writing and verbal communication skills in English
This is a Fulltime/FTE position working Monday-Friday. Please keep in mind this client cannot provide sponsorship - US/GC only. Please apply online to be considered.