Our client, a leading provider of cloud communications solutions, is looking for a talented Software Developer to join their team in Bracknell, Berkshire.
The ideal candidate works in highly motivated teams, committed to deliver valuable applications and services to customers. They ensure applications meet the agreed acceptance criteria including any integrations to remote services used in the end-to-end delivery of the service. From design, development, testing, deploying, and maintaining up-to-date applications and services, they enable our business to deliver mission-critical communications solutions for customers.
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Develop back-end applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Use the teams chosen methodology/process e.g., Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different environments as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
Maintenance and Improvement:
- Problem solves and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, always following internal change procedures.
- Review colleagues' code and work as required prior to changes.
- Build and maintain databases when relevant.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process, or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks, and languages as relevant.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM, Computer Science or related subject from a Russell Group University or alternatively, 5 consecutively years + of experience.
- Good experience of developing commercial projects/applications in C#, typically of at least two years
- Good experience in SQL and using relation databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES.
- Experience in source control, in particular Git
- Experience working with an Agile environment, in particular Scrum, and applying supporting practices such as TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards.
- Experience in developing containerising applications with Docker and using orchestration such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as Elasticsearch.
- Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite.
This role is permanent and full-time, (Monday to Friday), hybrid work required.
The candidate must be based within 50miles of the office, and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Please contact the recruiter for more information.