Our Client, a multinational energy company, is currently hiring a Construction Site Manager to join the team due to high workload to ensure that the site based construction activities are safely and efficiently managed in accordance with both legislation (HASAW, CDM) and company's policies, procedures and standards.
- Create, drive and maintain a positive engagement of company's SHEQ culture throughout the team on the projects construction element of the asset lifecycle.
- Discharge the responsibilities of the Principle contractor under CDM.
- Ensure that the Principal Contractor (PC) is pro-active in discharging their duties under the CDM regulations, not least in managing all safety aspects of the construction-based activities.
- Ensure the Principle Contractor has a Quality Plan and suitable Inspection and Test Plan in place.
- Issue written site instructions following agreement from the Project Manager and authenticate any record sheets issued by the Principal Contractor.
- Ensure that a drawing documentation system is established on site, which clearly indexes drawings logged and filed in specific sections.
- Ensure the Principle Contractor maintains the system throughout with the latest working drawings/revisions clearly noted and drawings filed to ensure they are readily available.
- Maintain and develop technical expertise and knowledge in the areas of Energy efficiency technologies.
- Project Management skills including management of risk for delivery of projects to scope, time, cost, quality, safety and security of supply.
- Awareness of Contract management within fixed price and target cost contracts
- A strong understanding of SHEQ construction requirements/legislation such as CDM.
- Demonstrable experience of working under commercial contract frameworks such as NEC3/JCT etc.
- Health and safety - BESC plus SMSTS / NEBOSH / IOSH accreditation.
- Working knowledge of Electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of civils elements of works.
- Project planning via MS Project / Visio / project specific applications.
- Ability to assist with writing / presentation of tender responses internally and to commercial customers.
This is a full time contract role Inside IR35 for initial 3 months with a possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although it is not guaranteed).
This role is in various sites across Monmouthshire.
Please apply online to be considered.