Our client, a leader in the health care and well-being sector, is looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to join their team in Ireland. The position is temporary (up to 12 months).
The ideal candidate has strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills.
- Evangelize and execute the creative/UX strategy for Optum within the new solution/ product offerings developed by this new team.
- Guide team in all aspects of design delivery: strategic definition, concepting, prototyping, detailed UX/UI, photography, research participation, documenting and testing of experience balancing user research/needs with business objectives/challenges.
- Procure and use data, including KPIs, market research, and testing methods, to identify ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience.
- Develop strong relationships and work in conjunction with own Engineering and Business team members, including internal and external product, brand marketing, design, development, and operational resources.
- Drive executive decision-making through facilitation and presentation of creative/UX strategies and concepts and trade-off analyses.
- Research and educate self and design team on new consumer behaviour trends, technologies and development tools as needed
- Support prototyping and new product/service development exercises with internal and external partners to advocate and evangelize the future consumer experience.
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent work experience required in Interaction Design and/or Graphic Design.
- Exceptional design talents and a portfolio that evidences stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter, design targets and media (web / mobile / brand)
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in digital consumer product design field (incl. responsive web and mobile apps).
- Proficiency in design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, among others)
- Ability to provide portfolio for review (preferably link to website)
- Requires strong and flexible skills in visual design, illustration, interactive design, iconography, typography, photography, motion design and familiarity with frontend technologies.
- Working knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code, and the ability to use prototyping tools to convey design intent.
- Ability to seamlessly alternate between dealing with highly technical teams and non-technical business teams.
- Experience developing prototypes and leading innovation exercises.
- Ability to balance user-centred design skills, visual design sensibilities, data-driven influences and understanding of technical constraints in design thinking.
- Strong skills in the following areas: organizational savvy, ability to handle multiple programs, attention to detail, relationship-building, strong communication skills, high accountability.
- Portfolio demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences online and mobile.
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members and at varying levels cross-company.
This role is temporary and full-time (Monday to Friday), remote work available.
The candidate ideally needs to be based at least 50 miles from the office (Dublin) and the client cannot offer sponsorship.
Please contact the recruiter for more information.