Our client, a leader in the health care and well-being sector, is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join their team in Ireland. The position is temporary (up to 9 months).
The ideal candidate is both a technical leader and a key hands-on contributor. Responsibilities include helping guide colleagues on the technical direction for the team and supporting leadership in ensuring best in class agile and engineering practices are used.
This role will involve managing and working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders, as well as being a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership to solving complex technical problems and are comfortable providing guidance to the team and to other key stakeholders as appropriate
- Architect and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders.
- Design and develop CICD framework for Azure to build and deploy different data platform assets.
- Design reusable components, frameworks, and libraries.
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions.
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases through Sprints.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team.
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience with development skills using Java/Python.
- 2+ years' experience performing CICD with Jenkins, Terraform, GitHub, Containerization.
- Experience working in Azure (Azure Gen2, Azure API Gateway, Azure Function, Azure, Kubernetes Services) or other cloud platforms.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Strong desire to learn about new trends and technologies.
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin or Letterkenny office is required.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Solid understanding of formal architecture, design patterns and best practices.
- Working knowledge of APIs.
- Experience in the health care industry.
- Experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with SQL, relational and graph databases.
This role is temporary and full-time (Monday to Friday).
Please contact the recruiter for more information.