Job title Senior Private Client & Family Office Lawyer
Salary £80,000 - £110,000
Type Permanent - Hybrid
Our client is focused on providing solutions to clients which deliver outstanding results and client outcomes through legal expertise enhanced by the ability to integrate with wider professional services capabilities, use the power of technology and leverage their global footprint.
Their lawyers have the benefit of being part of an exciting growth business within a leading professional services firm. Their client network comprises over 2700 lawyers in 80+ jurisdictions.
Their Private Client lawyers work particularly closely with their national Family Office & Private Client tax team, which includes UK and international tax specialists, tax investigations experts and family business/family governance specialists.
They are highly experienced in advising UK and international families, family offices, private banks, fiduciary groups, and high net worth individuals on managing their personal, trust and company tax and legal affairs. They often work alongside colleagues around the globe and as a result there are plenty of opportunities to further grow and develop.
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to provide legal services in a different environment as part of a fully multi-disciplinary practice.
- Able to understand the legal solution for clients within the wider picture and as such is a well-rounded, commercial private client advisor.
- Technically able, with an easy familiarity with relevant tax and trust law issues commensurate with their experience.
- A proactive and resilient problem solver.
- A team player who enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines and training and manging junior lawyers.
- A relationship builder who can win work independently within the network and externally.
- A UK qualified solicitor with at least 7 years PQE coming from a firm with a strong private client practice.
- Strong academic and personal skills are essential.
- Experienced in working with international and UK families.
- Able to demonstrate strong experience in:
- drafting and advising on wills and trusts in UK and international context.
- international succession law.
- mental capacity planning and powers of attorney.
- probate and estate planning with associated UK tax considerations.
- Experience in establishing charities and advising on charity law and governance.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and train junior team members from technical and client management perspective
- Ability to win work independently and lead on client relationships.
- Experienced in managing time and billing.