Senior Java Developer
- Posted 02 November 2022
- Salary £495 - £595 per day
- Job type Contract
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
Our client, a leader in the health care and well-being sector, is looking for a talented Senior Java Developer to join their team in Dublin, Ireland. The position is temporary (up to 12 months) but could be extend for longer and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
The candidate will be a fundamental part of a delivery project, leading one of the client's scrum teams within the Provider Tech space in Dublin. They will be working with a very technical piece of architecture and will collaborate with internal IT Specialists and strategic partners through all phases of the development life cycle.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development, and testing.
- Design and implement performance and operational enhancements.
- Design & develop reusable components, patterns, and frameworks, encouraging innovation that will enable team velocity.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and performance improvement.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure that developed code meets software engineering best practices and guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases.
- Work with a team of software engineers for one or more Agile scrum teams assigned to work on the project.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and design solutions as required.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software, whilst enhancing existing components to ensure that software meets business requirements.
- Work very closely with architecture groups to drive software solutions.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership.
- Collaborate on design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside of the scrum team.
- Provide on call support in rotation with team for DevOps service for 24/7 mission critical systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience building backend services with Java using Spring Framework (Boot, Core, MVC), Spring Boot strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience with messaging and stream processing on Kafka or similar messaging technologies
- Relational Database knowledge.
- Experience with cloud services; either AWS or Azure.
- Experience building modular, testable, and reusable software.
- Experience building and integrating with internal and external RESTful services.
- Experience developing analytics applications in Spark or similar.
- Relational Database knowledge.
- Some Experience with DevOps tool set such as Jenkins, Terraform, etc.
- Software development methodologies: Agile Scrum & Kanban.
This is a permanent position working Monday-Friday with flexible working hours and flexible remote work.
There may be some requirement to attend office/ client locations on occasion.
The candidate must be based within 50miles from Dublin and the client cannot offer sponsorship.