Our client, a multinational energy company, is currently hiring for a Programme Manager to to integrate planning, project controls governance, risk and opportunity management across a portfolio of projects.
- Safety is our number one priority - demonstrate safety leadership and promote a positive safety culture.
- Provide leadership to the Distributed Energy and Solar & Battery programmes to integrate planning, governance and project controls across their programmes of work.
- Monitor and assure the delivery of project outcomes across the Capital Projects portfolio to time, cost, quality, ensuring any variances are highlighted and actioned.
- Challenge all aspect of project/programme performance to determine causes of variance from plan.
- Lead the monthly investment committee for the business unit.
- Update and improve methodologies, work instructions, policies, standards and procedures for project controls.
- Manage the maintenance of all Project resource supply and demand
- Lead the development of a professional Risk Management discipline and capability across the Portfolio.
- Proven experience in the successful management and assurance of major programmes of work in the construction or utility infrastructure industries.
- Proven commercial focus and financially astute.
- Detailed knowledge of the principles of Health & Safety, quality and environment legislation and best practice.
- Experience of successful management in a matrix structure.
- Significant experience of creating clear standards, delegation and empowering others.
- Energy infrastructure experience
- Professional qualification in Project Management (e.g. APM PMQ / IPMA Level D).
- Chartered Project Professional (ChPP) or MBA would be beneficial.
- Project Planning / Primavera P6 experience.
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills including engaging, influencing and negotiating.
This is a full-time, contract position for an initial period of 6 months with the potential to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
This role is Inside IR35, LTD companies cannot be engaged.
This is Remote role, with requirement to attend office in Reading, Central London or Glasgow on occasion.