Our client, a multinational energy company, based in Reading, is currently hiring for a Procurement Manager - Energy Industry, to work on the project procurement of a range of goods, works and services that spans EPC, O&M, OEM, utility scale Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and Solar PV projects.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end procurement of a wider range of goods, works and services to meet the diverse needs of Solar and Battery business projects.
- Compliance to procurement policy, procedure and process in service delivery whilst ensuring the best procurement results for our internal stakeholders with respect to cost, quality, delivery and meeting compliance standards.
- Joint activity with customers including planning procurement time lines, developing commercial and contract strategies and then executing the procurement event to a high standard.
- Supplier management and SRM activity will form part of the role, working with stakeholders and commercial team to ensure the best outcomes from key supplier relationships.
- Demonstrable procurement experience in large capital Design & Build projects.
- Experience in FIDIC contracts and Utility scale Solar and Battery Procurement
- Demonstrable procurement experience of EPC, civils, O&M, OEM and professional services sub-contracts.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement.
- The experience and ability to negotiate commercial procurement contracts and manage risk.
- Demonstrable supplier management experience and skills.
This is a full-time, contract position for an initial period of 3 months with the potential to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
This role is Inside IR35, LTD companies cannot be engaged.
This is Remote role, with requirement to attend multiple office sites on occasion. (Reading, Glasgow, Perth, Belfast, Aberdeen)