Our client, a leader in the health care and well-being sector, is looking for a talented Principal UX Designer to join their team in Ireland. The position is temporary (up to 12 months).
The ideal candidate is a savvy designer who wants to work on important and complex challenges. You'll collaborate with a cross-functional project team to design dashboards, portals, apps, or websites and partner with UX researchers, designers, and developers to create great experiences for our users.
The responsibilities involve partnering with user interface designers, other interaction designers, web developers and UX managers to translate information architecture, navigation and process flows into easy-to-use and aesthetically beautiful solutions.
- Discover and design new user experiences that drive the next generation of web and mobile applications.
- Research, analyse and interpret a variety of inputs to conceive and document user experience requirements.
- Effectively represent the voice of the user to influence and improve design decisions.
- Create wireframes, site maps, feature lists, specifications, and other artefacts.
- Develop interactive design simulations using Axure or similar design tools.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, content specialists and developers during ideation, design, and development.
- Consult with the team throughout development and rollout to ensure designs are understood, implemented, and communicated appropriately.
- Contribute to internal innovation projects related to user experience.
Research and Analysis:
- Work closely with the client's internal research team to conduct primary research via user interviews, focus groups and contextual analysis to generate actionable insights for user experience designs.
- Assist with designing usability tests, draft test scripts, and perform test moderation.
- Effectively communicate research findings to product teams and stakeholders.
- Monitor industry, technology, and competitive trends to continually identify opportunities for applying improvements.
- Significant experience designing user interfaces for the web following user-centred design principles.
- A proven track record of delivering user-centric solutions, including a portfolio of past UX/IA projects, which should include task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
- Ability to adapt user-centred and visual designs to stakeholder requirements and technical constraints.
- Experience designing and developing interactive prototypes using Axure or a similar design tool.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A good practice of selling ideas with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- High level of customer focus.
- Fluent in English
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or education experience in designing user interfaces for the web following user-centred design principles.
- Knowledge of providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles.
- Knowledge of group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting.
- Knowledge of UX- related analytics, metrics, and measurement techniques.
- Experience training and mentoring junior design staff.
- Knowledge and practical application of accessibility factors, per ADA, Section 508 requirements and WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Experience working with Agile methodology.
- Previous experience in leading teams or projects, scoping new work and stakeholder management.
- Involvement in the UX community (e.g., UXPA, AIGA, IxDA, meet-ups, clubs, conferences).
This role is temporary and full-time (Monday to Friday).
Please contact the recruiter for more information.