Our Client, a multinational energy company, is currently hiring into their Renewables subsidiary team an Onshore Development & Construction Project Environment Manager to ensure all environmental legislative requirements and any commitments made via planning submissions and consents are adhered to and discharged accordingly.
- Responsibility for coordinating and project managing the delivery of on-site management works, including pre-construction environmental monitoring, construction environmental programmes, preparation, revision and implementation of site Construction EMPs, HMPs and environmental monitoring regimes.
- Undertake field inspections and site environmental audits as well as making recommendations for modification, addition or cessation of prescriptions, and provide ecological and environmental advice where necessary.
- Responsible for the production of contractor specifications for relevant site works, the production of tender documentation in conjunction with Procurement and Commercial Teams and the management of environmental contractors including the promotion of contractor safety requirements as well as critiquing contractor reports, environmental RAMS and any other project specific documentation.
- Responsible for delivering the project in a manner consistent with business and group level environmental requirements.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of the Large Capital Project (LCP) governance framework and the environmental expectations at each gate stage.
- Business SHE obligations both within Renewables and at a Group level.
- Clear understanding of the supporting functions within the business such as Accounts, Procurement, IT, Corporate Audit, SHE, etc., and what protocols and processes must be followed.
- Understanding of wider Renewables development strategy, and how critical it is to fulfil core functions of the role.
- Knowledge, expertise, experience and qualifications in a relevant environmental discipline such as ecology, construction environmental management, environmental legislation and policy and environmental sciences.
- Experience of ISO 14001 and internal auditing
- Experienced in liaising with Regulators, Agencies, NGO's and Planning Authorities
- Ability and willingness to travel, often to remote areas & Full UK driving licence.
This is a full time, 12 month contract role (Inside IR35) with a possibility to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
Please apply online for consideration.