Our client, an energy worldwide provider of equipment and components used in drilling and production operations, based in Kintore, is currently hiring for a Logistic/Freight Coordinator to work with key stakeholders to obtain freight estimates and execute customer shipment plans with an emphasis on controlling costs while meeting schedule, customer and compliance requirements.
- Ensure movement of goods, imports & exports is in compliance with HMRC & Company's policy.
- Organise the shipment of import and export orders: obtaining quotes from freight agents, preparing all relevant documentation, liaising with other departments to obtain information as required
- Adhere to shipping compliance procedures & Incoterms regulations
- Complete accurate documentation such as commercial invoices and dangerous goods notes and shipping orders in line with regulations according to the country of destination
- Assist in preparation of audits/inspections both internal company and by external bodies.
- Address order flow or shipping delays and quality control issues, such as damaged or improperly packed goods
- Document and escalate any customer service issues and/or shipping/receiving errors
- Solid knowledge of logistics import & export procedures including customs procedures
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
- CILT related qualification
- Knowledge of international logistics/freight required
- ERP knowledge
This is a full time position, initially on a 6-month contract with a possibility to extend and/or become permanent.
Work schedule: Monday-Thursday 8.30-17.00, Friday 8.30-15.45
Please apply online to be considered.