Our client, a leading technology company, based in Basingstoke, is currently hiring for a IT Service Desk Support providing 1st/ 2nd line support to one of the biggest customer. Dealing with circa 780 depots throughout the UK and Ireland, two manufacturing sites, and 5 main offices.
- Providing support in the form of Remote Technologies, Telephone and Email.
- Providing support for Desktops, Laptops, Polycom IP Phones, Mobile phones, Audio visual equipment, printers, Chip & Pin machines, Cisco network switches/routers and more.
- Logging calls accurately in a call logging system, taking ownership, troubleshooting and escalating accordingly
- Working independently on weekly assigned tasks
- Liaising with 2nd line and 3rd party support teams to resolve calls as soon as possible
- Good IT knowledge (familiar with O/S systems, Microsoft office, printer configuration, email troubleshooting, Use of Active Directory/Exchange/ MS365 Admin Centre etc…)
- Fixing issues via phone and remote access to various hardware devices (PCs, laptops, Printers, C&P devices, Audio visual equipment…)
- Fixing issues via phone and remote access to various software programs (K8 Client management, CAD, SAP, Sophos, Unity, Akixi, Microsoft Office Applications etc)
- Experience of using call management software
- Experience of working in a service desk environment
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday. You will work a shift pattern of 7am-3:30pm, 8am-4:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm and 9:00am - 5:30pm. There will be an occasional Saturday morning shift 7am/12pm every 6 weeks - paid on overtime basis.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.